· Frame constructed of powder-coated steel
· Built-in peristaltic pump for dispensing sodium hydroxide
· Steam generater (1100w heater surrounding 1000mL flask)
·8 ft. long (2.4m) 3-wire cord with plug
Automatic steam distillation unit designed for macro Kjeldahl nitrogen determinations. Companion to the Rapid Digestor-25 and Rapid Digestor-4 (see p. 000). Each distillation takes 5 to 10 minutes. Compact design fits on countertop.
Features and benefits:
· Distillation timer switch-controls dispensing of steam into digestion tube. Interlocked to operate only when the boiler heater is on. Sodium hydroxide cannot be dispensed into digestion tube when timer is operating. Automatically shuts off distillation process.
· Sodium hydroxide switch-allows safe control of amount of caustic added. Interlocked to operate only when the boiler heater is on. Corrosion-resistant inlet tubes are made of PTFE resin.
· Boiler heater switch-activates the boiler heating element. Boiler water switch is interlocked to prevent its operation during the heating of the boiler. Sight gauge lets you monitor water level in the boiler.
· Combination Allihn and spiral condenser-ensures efficient recovery of the distillate. Condenser ventilation valve prevents siphoning of distillate back to the condenser chamber. Flow restricter prevents the cooling water flowrate to the condenser from exceeding 1 gal. (3.8L) per minute.
· Safety cover protects the condenser. Safety door surrounds the digestion tube to protect the operator. Spring-loaded digestion tube retainer holds tube securely during distillation. Molded plastic spillage tray for easy cleanup.
Dimensions: 123/4L x 18W x 293/4 in.H (32 x 46 x 75.5cm).
For 115V 60Hz, 15A.