Lifescan SureStep Pro System Test Strips
SureStep Pro Test Strips are for use with SureStep Brand Blood Glucose Meters for quantitatively measuring glucose levels in whole blood.
SureStep Pro Test Strips may be used to test capillary, venous, arterial, and neonatal blood samples.
- SureStep Brand Blood Glucose Meter and applicable operator's guide.
- Singleuse lancing device, such as Lifescan Unisik' 2 or equivalent (If obtaining capillary sample)
- The test employs a dry reagent technology based on the glucose oxidase method which is specific for Dglucose.
- When a small drop of whole blood is applied to a SureStep Pro Test Strip, glucose oxidase on the test strip triggers the oxidation of glucose in the blood sample.
- Peroxidase on the test strip then causes the hydrogen peroxide to react with dyes to produce a blue color in the presence of oxygen.
- This blue color is visible through the confirmation dot on the back of the test stripthe darker the blue, the higher the glucose level.
- SureStep Brand Blood Glucose Meters measures the color intensity of the confirmation dot and report a plasmacalibrated glucose result.