3M Breathe Easy Powered Air-Purifying Respirator System with Butyl Rubber Hood
Available in NIOSH CBRN-approved configurations
Manufacturer: 3M 7000126824
Powered air-purifying respirator draws air through high-efficiency cartridge and blows up to the butyl rubber hood through a flexible breathing tube. Air then travels across open space at top of hood, down over wearer's face, and out at the base of cape. NIOSH CBRN-approved models 19-167-756 and -757 are recommended for use by first responders, law enforcement, military and healthcare professionals needing protection from or responding to natural disasters or acts of terrorism.
Cat. Nos. 19-822-580 and -581 include:
Butyl rubber hood
- Covers head and shoulders to help protect from a variety of chemical warfare agents
- Meets U.S. military permeation standard MIL-C-51251A for butyl
- Accommodates persons with facial hair or glasses (provided that facial hair does not protrude under the hood)
- Features an 80 sq. in. (516cm2), clear PVC faceshield
- Weighs approximately 1.5 lb. (0.73kg) 36 in. (91cm) breathing tube and connector clamp
- Generates less than 80dBA of noise at maximum airflow (excluding external noise)
- Delivers a continuous flow of breathable air at a minimum rate of 6cfm (170L/min.) 3M Cartridge FR-57 (set of three, Cat. No. 19-044-570)
- High-efficiency filter for removing solid and liquid aerosols
- Activated and impregnated carbon layer removes gases and liquid vapors
- NIOSH-approved for organic vapors, acid gases (sulfur dioxide, chlorine, and hydrogen chloride), ammonia/methylamine, hydrogen fluoride, chlorine dioxide, formaldehyde, and as a high-efficiency particulate filter
- Filters a range of chemical warfare agents such as nerve agents, mustard agents, tear agents, blood agents, phosgene, chloropicrin, and diphenylchloroarsine Airflow indicator
- Rechargeable nickel metal hydride (NiMH) battery provides eight hours of service per charge
- Lithium battery pack is not rechargeable, but does offer a 10-year shelf life; provides 12 hours of service NIOSH CBRN-approved models (Cat. Nos. 19-167-756 and -757) include:
- Breathing tube RBE-BTH and clamp
- Motor blower assembly with decon belt
- 3M Cartridge RBE-57 (set of three; meets NIOSH CBRN Cap 1 requirements)
- Airflow indicator
- Choice of battery pack
- 3M Catalog# RBE-57
Motor blower assembly with nylon web belt
Choice of battery pack
Butyl rubber hood (see description above)
Units are not recommended for use in atmospheres where oxygen concentration is below 19.5%; where contaminant concentrations are unknown or considered Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health (IDLH); or where contaminant concentration exceeds the lower of applicable maximum use limitations under local or OSHA standards. All safety products must be used in accordance OSHA regulations and with the user instructions, warnings and limitations accompanying each product.
Maximum use concentrations for specific challenge agents are available from your Fisher Safety Customer Service Representative. For more information, call 1-800-772-6733. Approximate total ensemble weight: 8 lb. (3.6kg). Optional shower cover protects CBRN-approved models from moisture, but does not eliminate moisture entry completely.
Meets NIOSH approval TC-23C-2071 (when used with butyl hood).
|Powered air purifying respirator|
|Used with CBRN-approved versions of 3M™ Breathe Easy™ powered air purifying respirator with butyl rubber hood|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok