Diversified Woodcrafts Augmented Reality Sandbox
This Augmented Reality Sandbox allows users to create topography models by shaping real sand, which is then augmented in real time.
Manufacturer: Diversified Woodcrafts ARS4030
DescriptionThis amazing sandbox uses 3D visualization applications and a hands-on exhibit combining a real sandbox, virtual topography and water created using a closed loop of a Microsoft Kinect 3D camera, powerful simulation and visualization software, and a data projector. The resulting (AR) sandbox allows users to create topography models by shaping real sand, which is then augmented in real time by an elevation color map, topographic contour lines, and simulated water. The system teaches geographic, geologic, and hydro-logic concepts such as how to read a topography map, the meaning of contour lines, watersheds, catchment areas, levees, and much more.
- Comes complete with the box, camera, projector, wire management, and laptop loaded with visualization software
- Solid oak and oak veneer construction
- Finished with a durable UV earth-friendly finish
- Heavy duty locking casters
- Includes detailed instructions for calibrating the software and running the program, shelf for laptop with wire management system
- Kit includes Microsoft Kinect 3D camera, powerful simulation and visualization software, and a data projector
Sand not included
|Earth science, topography, history, special needs, autism|
|3D Camera, HDMI Projector, Linux Computer, Wood Shelf, 4 in. Casters|