Cs/Ba-137 Isotope Generator
Ideal for radioactive decay experiments.
Manufacturer: Spectrum Techniques Inc ISO
This CS-137/Ba-137m Isotope Generator was designed for school experiments to demonstrate the properties of radioactive decay. Each generator contains 10uCi of Cs-137.
Parent CS-137 isotope
- Half-life of 30.1 years
- Beta decays to the metastable state of Ba-137m
- Further decays by gamma emission with a half-life of 2.6 minutes to the stable Ba-137 element
- Ba-137m is milked from the generator, leaving behind the parent Cs-137
- Used to perform exponential decay experiments
- After a 30-minute class, the short half-life of the solution reduces the residual activity, to less than 1/1000th of its initial activity
- Safe for disposal by pouring down the drain
This generator consists of only one exempt quantity, making it free from specific state and NRC licensing.
|Isotope generator kit|
|Generator, syringe, tube, 250mL of solution and a convenient storage case|
|Radioactive decay experiment|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok