Gibco™ CTS™ Vitronectin (VTN-N) Recombinant Human Protein, Truncated
CTS™ (Cell Therapy Systems) Vitronectin (VTN-N) Recombinant Human Protein provides a defined surface for feeder-free culture of human pluripotent stem cells (PSCs).
Manufacturer: Gibco™ A27940
- Provides a defined surface for feeder-free culture of human pluripotent stem cells (PSCs)
- When used with Essential 8™ Medium (Cat. No. A1517001), CTS™ Vitronectin has been proven to maintain pluripotency and normal growth characteristics in multiple PSC lines
- Shown to support PSC growth for >8 passages without any signs of karyotypic abnormalities and to maintain the ability of PSCs to differentiate into all three germ line lineages
- VTN-N variant of vitronectin supports human pluripotent stem cell attachment and survival better than wild-type vitronectin when used in conjunction with Essential 8 Medium (1)
- Designed for clinical research—USP Chapter 1043 considered in the design
- Animal origin–free—for reduced variability and contamination risk in PSC cultures
- Optimized—designed for use with Essential 8 Medium
- Consistent—supports seamless transition from Vitronectin
- Traceable—documentation includes COO, COA, and DMF
- Controlled—manufactured in compliance with ISO-13485:2003
Designed for clinical research
- USP Chapter 1043 has been considered in the design of CTS™ Vitronectin, and this product is the only such product labeled with 'For Research Use or Manufacturing of Cell, Gene, or Tissue-Based Products. CAUTION: Not intended for direct administration to humans or animals.'
- Harmonized documentation is provided with the product and includes a Certificate of Analysis (COA), Certificate of Origin (COO), and Drug Master File (DMF) to support regulatory filings.
Animal origin–free system
- CTS™ Vitronectin is animal origin–free at the primary level to help reduce contamination risk and variability associated with animal-origin raw materials compared to human plasma–derived vitronectin and standard basement membrane extraCTS™ (BMEs)
Optimized and defined surface
- Unlike standard basement membrane extraCTS™ (BMEs), CTS™ Vitronectin is based on the N-variant design of vitronectin (VTN-N) from the laboratory of James Thomson for use with Essential 8 Medium (1) and has been shown to support human pluripotent stem cell attachment and survival better than wild type vitronectin
- Provides an optimal environment for feeder-free pluripotent stem cell culture.
Seamless transition from bench to clinic
- PSC cultures expanded in other feeder or feeder-free systems can be transitioned to Essential 8 Medium and CTS™ Vitronectin with minimal adaptation
Manufacturing control and traceability
- CTS™ Vitronectin is manufactured at a site that is FDA registered and has an ISO13485-certified quality management system
- Full traceability documentation such as Certificate of Origin, Certificate of Analysis, and Drug Master File are available
Safety and Handling
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
Designed for clinical researchUSP Chapter 1043 has been considered in the design of CTS™ Vitronectin, and this product is the only such product labeled with For Research Use or Manufacturing of Cell, Gene, or Tissue-Based Products. CAUTION: Not intended for direct administration to humans or animals. Harmonized documentation is provided with the product and includes a Certificate of Analysis (COA) and Certificate of Origin (COO) to support regulatory filings.