Invitrogen™ Dynabeads™ SARS-CoV-2 Spike
The Dynabeads™ SARS-CoV-2 Spike consists of superparamagnetic beads coupled with a trimeric spike protein. The spike protein is a patented recombinant trimeric structure combining the S1 subunit, including the receptor binding domain (RBD), and the S2 subunit found on the surface of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
$350.00 - $1446.00
- Dynabeads SARS-CoV-2 Spike consists of superparamagnetic beads coupled with a trimeric spike protein
- The spike protein is a patented recombinant trimeric structure combining the S1 subunit, including the receptor binding domain (RBD), and the S2 subunit found on the surface of the SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Virus spike protein binds to human host cells via the angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) receptor to initiate virus attachment, as well as to antibodies produced in the body as a response to SARS-CoV-2 infection
- This Dynabeads SARS-CoV-2 Spike is also included in enzyme‐linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) kits designed to detect and quantify the level of human SARS-CoV-2 IgG, IgM, and Total Ig antibodies from serum and plasma samples
- Kits can be used manually with a DynaMag-96 magnet or in an automated fashion using a KingFisher instrument
- Magnetic beads significantly improve the binding kinetics to cut the ELISA incubation time in half (45 minutes) compared to the more conventional plate-based ELISAs (90 minutes)
- Since the spike protein binds host cells to initiate the entrance of SARS-CoV-2 virus into the epithelial cells of the lungs via ACE2, the beads may also be used for isolation of ACE2+ cells or for ACE2 protein purification
- Dynabeads-facilitated automation limits hands-on time
- Also available in SARS-CoV-2 ELISA kits
- For research use only, not for use in diagnostic procedures
|The beads are supplied in 0.05 M Tris-buffered saline (TBS) with 0.001% Tween-20 and 0.02% NaN3.
Store at 2–8°C.
|Brown beads in colorless suspension|
|Monosized, superparamagnetic polystyrene magnetic beads|
|KingFisher™ Flex or Apex Instruments, DynaMag™-96 Side Skirted, Magnetic 96-Well Separator, ELISA Plate Reader (450 nm)|
|Dynabeads™ magnetic beads|
|Absorbance at 450 nm|
|Binding of human antibodies towards SARS-CoV-2 (Spike trimer)|
|Dynabeads™ magnetic beads coated with trimeric SARS-CoV-2 spike protein|
|Yes, on KingFisher™ Flex or Apex instruments|
|Wet ice (2° to 8°C)|
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok