Edvotek™ Do Onions, Strawberries and Bananas Have DNA?
Students will participate in extracting DNA from fresh onion tissue.
Manufacturer: Edvotek™ S75
- Perform techniques used by scientists to explore the characteristics of DNA and see how DNA looks to the naked eye
- Explain the function of DNA in cells
- Build a simulated DNA model
- Learn what DNA looks like in solution and after it is spooled
- Isolate DNA from onion, banana or tomato cells and spool it from the solution
Class size: five groups.
|10 lab groups|
|Fruit, vegetables and 95 to 100% isopropyl alcohol|
|Do Onions, Strawberries And Bananas Have DNA? Classroom Kit|
|DNA extraction Buffer; DNA sample in capped test tube; five transfer pipets; pop beads for building DNA model; Glass rod; four graduated test tubes; five wood splints for DNA spooling; salt packet; complete instructions; background information and study questions|
|For DNA extract|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok