Thermo Scientific BpiI (BbsI) (10 U/µL)
Cut GAAGAC(2/6)^ sites with BpiI (BbsI) restriction enzyme, which performs best at 37°C in G buffer (Isoschizomers: BbsI, BpuAI, BstV2I).
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific ER1011
Conventional restriction endonucleases are a large collection of high quality restriction enzymes, optimized to work in one of the buffers of the Five Buffer System. In addition, the universal Tango buffer is provided for convenience in double digestions. All of the enzymes exhibit 100% activity in the recommended buffer and reaction conditions. To ensure consistent performance, Thermo Scientific restriction enzyme reaction buffers contain premixed BSA, which enhances the stability of many enzymes and binds contaminants that may be present in DNA preparations.
5'...G A A G A C (N)2▵...3'
3'...C T T C T G (N)6▵...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer G
- 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 50mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- BpiI is supplied in:
- 10mM Tris-HCl (pH7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage:
- After 50-fold overdigestion with BpiI, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps no effect
- CpG: may overlap no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap effect not determined
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA:
- Minimum 5 units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1µg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16 hours
BpiI cleaves downstream of its recognition site and can generate any desired 4 base 5ft.-overhangs. This feature is useful for direct PCR product cloning.
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Not dam methylation-sensitive, Not dcm methylation-sensitive, Not CpG methylation-sensitive|
|10x Buffer G|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok