Thermo Scientific BstXI
Cut at CCANNNNN^NTGG sites with BstXI restriction enzyme, which performs best at 55°C in O buffer.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific ER1022
Conventional restriction endonucleases are a large collection of high quality restriction enzymes, optimized to work in one of the buffers of the Five Buffer System. In addition, the universal Tango buffer is provided for convenience in double digestions. All of the enzymes exhibit 100% activity in the recommended buffer and reaction conditions. To ensure consistent performance, Thermo Scientific restriction enzyme reaction buffers contain premixed BSA, which enhances the stability of many enzymes and binds contaminants that may be present in DNA preparations.
5'...C C A N N N N N▵N T G G...3'
3'...G G T N▵N N N N N A C C...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- b1X Buffer O: 50mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 100mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 55°C
- BstXI is supplied in: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 50mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage:
- After 50-fold overdigestion with BstXI, approximately 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps no effect
- Dcm: may overlap cleavage impaired
- CpG: never overlaps no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps no effect
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA:
- Minimum 5units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1µg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16hours
Incubation at 37°C results in 50% activity. Greater than 15-fold overdigestion with BstXI may result in star activity. BstXI cleavage is impaired by overlappingdcm methylation. To avoiddcm methylation, use adam-, dcm strain such as GM2163 (#M0099).
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok