Thermo Scientific PacI
The PacI restriction enzyme recognizes TTAAT^TAA sites and cuts best at 37°C in its own unique buffer.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific ER2201
pJET1 DNA/SdaI fragments with inserted PacI recognition site digested with PacI, 1% agarose, 2 cleavage sites
conventional restriction endonucleases are a large collection of high quality restriction enzymes, optimized to work in one of the buffers of the Five Buffer System. In addition, the universal Tango buffer is provided for convenience in double digestions. All of the enzymes exhibit 100% activity in the recommended buffer and reaction conditions. To ensure consistent performance, Thermo Scientific restriction enzyme reaction buffers contain premixed BSA, which enhances the stability of many enzymes and binds contaminants that may be present in DNA preparations.
5'...T A A T▵T A A...3'
3'...A T▵T A A T T...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer PacI: 10mM Bis-Tris Propane-HCl (pH 6.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2 and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- PacI is supplied in: 10mM potassium phosphate (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 200mM NaCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/ml BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage:
- After 50-fold overdigestion with PacI, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and more than 95% of these can be recut
- Dam: never overlaps no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps no effect
- CpG: never overlaps no effect
- EcoKI: may overlap effect not determined
- EcoBI: never overlaps no effect
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA:
- Minimum 5units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1µg of agarose-embedded pJET1 DNA with inserted PacI recognition sequence in 16 hours
- BstKTI, SfaNI (AsiSI), PvuI
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
This product or portions thereof is manufactured and sold under license under US. Patent Nos. 5,874,259 and 6,472,177 and other foreign patents.