Thermo Scientific Uracil-DNA Glycosylase (UDG, UNG)
Uracil-DNA Glycosylase (UDG, UNG) catalyzes the hydrolysis of the N-glycosylic bond between uracil and sugar in DNA and prevents carry-over of DNA in PCR reactions.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific EN0362
Uracil-DNA Glycosylase (UDG, UNG) catalyzes the hydrolysis of the N-glycosylic bond between uracil and sugar, leaving an apyrimidinic site in uracil-containing single or double-stranded DNA. The enzyme shows no activity on RNA.
- Active in Fermentas buffers for restriction enzymes and thermophilic polymerases
- Source: E. coli K12 cells
- Molecular Weight: 25.6 kDa monomer
- The absence of endo-, exodeoxyribonucleases, phosphatases and ribonucleases confirmed by appropriate quality tests
- E.coli K12 cells
- 25.6kDa monomer
Definition of Activity Unit:
- One unit of the enzyme catalyzes the release 1 nanomole of uracil from uracil-containing DNA template in 60 min. at 37°C
- 30mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5), 150mM NaCl, 1mM EDTA, 1mM DTT, 0.05% (v/v) Tween 20 and 50% (v/v) glycerol
10X Reaction Buffer:
- 200mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.2 at 25°C), 10mM EDTA, 100mM NaCl
- Inhibitors: Ugi protein from the Bacillus subtilis phage PBS2, protein p56 from the Bacillus subtilis phage phi29 (7).
- Inactivated by heating at 95°C for 10 min. Enzyme activity is partially restored at temperatures lower than 55°C. Therefore put PCR products on ice after PCR and load directly on a gel
Control of carry-over contamination in PCR (2); Glycosylase mediated single nucleotide polymorphism detection (GMPD) (3); Site-directed mutagenesis (4); As a probe for protein-DNA interaction studies (5); SNP genotyping; Cloning of PCR products (6); Generation of single strand overhangs of PCR products and cDNA
The abasic sites formed in DNA by Uracil-DNA Glycosylase may be subsequently cleaved by heat, alkali-treatment or endonucleases that cleave specifically at abasic sites.UDG (UNG) is active in the presence or absence of divalent cations.
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|E. coli K12 cells|
|5 x 200U|
|Ugi protein from the Bacillus subtilis phage PBS2, protein p56 from the Bacillus subtilis phage phi29 (7).|
|25.6 kDa monomer|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
Use of this enzyme in certain applications may be covered by patents and may require a license.