Cytiva Ficoll PM400
High molecular weight sucrose-polymers formed by copolymerization of sucrose with epichlorohydrin. Cytiva™ Ficoll PM400 is a synthetic neutral, highly-branched hydrophilic polymer of sucrose, used for producing density gradients for separation of cells and subcellular components by centrifugation or by sedimentation at unit gravity.
Manufacturer: Cytiva 17030005
- For producing density gradients for separation of cells and subcellular components by centrifugation or by sedimentation at unit gravity
- Neutral, highly branched, hydrophilic polymer of sucrose which dissolves readily in aqueous solution
- Concentrations of up to 50% (w/v) covering densities of up to 1.2g/mL can be achieved
- Has better osmotic properties than sucrose
- Preserves functional and morphological integrity
- Useful for separating cells that are sensitive to centrifugation and for separating cells of similar density but different size
- Does not penetrate biological membranes
- Serves as the raw material for preparation of Ficoll-Paque gradients
- Used in other applications such as electrophoresis, hybridization, cryopreservation, and as a hapten carrier
- Supplied as dry powders
- Used in the formation of density gradients for the separation and isolation of eukaryotic cells, organelles, and bacterial cells, as a stabilizing agent and as a separation medium for the isolation of lymphocytes
- Used in defined culture media, nucleic acid hybridization, electrophoresis, and immunological studies
- Used for gradient centrifugation in all types of centrifuge rotors and for separation at unit gravity
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|5 ηr at 20°C: 10% (w/v), 20 ηr at 20°C: 20% (w/v), 60 ηr at 20°C : 30% (w/v, 180 ηr at 20°C : 40% (w/v) , 600 ηr at 20°C : 50% (w/v)|
Safety and Handling
ShelfLife : 5 years
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok