Fisher HealthCare PROTOCOL MicroProbe Staining System
Allows for multi-step staining procedures on up to 20 slides simultaneously
Probe-On Plus slides fit securely into the slide holder, creating the precise gap required for capillary action. The technology ensures complete and consistent staining by exposing all tissue samples to the same volume of fresh reagents and identical incubation conditions.
- Compact unit occupies minimal bench space and can perform all tissue processing and staining steps, including deparaffination, hydrating, staining and counterstaining
- Spent reagents and stain can be removed from the capillary gap by blotting the slides on the absorbent pads
Probe-On Plus Slides
- High-quality microscope slides are painted at the upper and lower ends to a specified thickness
- When pressed together the painted surfaces create a capillary gap that easily accommodates tissue sections up to 5µm thick on each slide
- Placing a control slide with a specimen ensures that the tissues receive identical treatment throughout the staining and incubating process
- Enhanced Probe-On Plus slides provide superior tissue adhesion, eliminating the need for water bath additives or polylysine pretreatments
- Wells in reusable, silicon rubber isolators hold reagents in proper alignment for contact with the capillary gap of the slide pairs in the holder
- Available with three wells for milliliter volumes (each well treating slides with the same reagent)
- Features a lightweight, chemical-resistant handle with numbered positions and an indexing bump
- Clips, located on the underside of the holder, securely hold slide pairs in the vertical position
- For immunostaining and special stain procedures, insert the prepared Probe On Plus slides face-to-face to form the capillary gap and touch the ends of the slides to the reagent buckets or Isolon reagent isolators
- For traditional staining procedures, use standard slides with the specimens facing outward and dip the slide into the reagent buckets
- Eight reagent buckets with removable lids are arranged along the back of the stainer
- Removable tray in the front of the system holds up to four plastic holders that accept the Isolon Reagent Isolators or absorbent blotting pads
- Using advanced microprocessor technology, incubator provides tight control of temperature between 30° and 110°C (±0.5°C) [86° and 230°F (±0.5°F)]
- Anodized aluminum incubation chamber is designed so that the top of the slide holder completely covers the opening, maintaining the desired temperature and humidity
- Cork-lined lid is also provided to reduce the preheating times
- Removable tray beneath the chamber catches any drips from the slides
- Incubator control panel allows the user to program three temperature settings into memory for later access
- Display panel shows the operating mode, actual temperature and any error messages
- Calibration block, which holds a calibrated thermometer, is also provided to recalibrate the incubator if needed
Includes rack w/eight reagent buckets and lids, locator tray for the Isolon plates, four Isolon holders, five 30-well and five 3-well Isolon plates, six blotting pads, one slide holder, 72 Probe-On Plus microscope slides, Incubator Module, Calibration Block, Power Cord and an Applications Guide.
Includes rack w/eight reagent buckets and lids, locator tray for the Isolon plates, four Isolon holders, five 30-well and five 3-well Isolon plates, six blotting pads, one slide holder, 72 Probe-On Plus microscope slides and a Staining Station Guide.
Includes dip tray, lid, calibration block and user's manual.
Warranty and Services
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok