Invitrogen™ eBioscience™ Fixable Viability Dye eFluor™ 506
Can be used to irreversibly label dead cells prior to cryopreservation, fixation and/or permeabilization procedures. Unlike 7-AAD and PI, cells labeled with Fixable Viability Dyes can be washed, fixed, permabilized and stained for intracellular antigens without loss of staining intensity.
Manufacturer: Invitrogen™ 65086614
- Fixable Viability Dyes may be used to label cells from all species
- Fixable Viability Dye eFluor™ 506 can be excited by the violet (405nm) laser line and has a peak emission of 506nm that can be detected using a 510/50 band pass filter (equivalent to AmCyan)
- For compensation, it is recommended to use a sample of the cells of interest stained with the Fixable Viability Dye
- If the percentage of dead cells is expected to be less than 5%, then it is recommended to take a small aliquot of cells and heat them at 65°C for 1 minute then immediately place on ice for 1 minute. After this treatment, the heat-killed cells can be combined 1:1 with live cells and then stained with the Fixable Viability Dye.
- Fixable Viability Dye eFluor™ 506 is supplied as a pre-diluted solution prepared in high-quality, anhydrous DMSO. It should be protected from light and moisture
- Store at −70°C with dessicant
- It may be freeze-thawed up to 20 times
- Allow vial to equilibrate to room temperature before opening
- Staining may be done before or after surface staining
- Cells may be cryopreserved after staining with no adverse effect on staining intensity of dead cells after thawing
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only