Invitrogen™ Gal-Screen™ β-Galactosidase Reporter Gene Assay System for Mammalian Cells
Combines direct cell lysis with rapid, ultra-sensitive chemiluminescent detection of β-galactosidase reporter enzyme.
Supplier: Invitrogen™ T1028
- Homogeneous assay format allows detection of β-galactosidase in presence of normal culture media without removal of media and without an additional cell lysis step, providing the easiest and most streamlined assay procedure possible
- The kinetics of glow-assay provides a “window” during which measurements may be performed, facilitating HTS applications where assay automation is used
- Can be used with either mammalian or yeast model systems, providing flexibility in choice of model systems
- Wide dynamic range of β-galactosidase assay enables accurate measurement of enzyme from femtogram to nanogram range
- Assay sensitivity is 100 to 1,000-fold better than either the isotopic/non-isotopic assays for chloramphenicol acetyl transferase (CAT) or the colorimetric/fluorescent assays for β-galactosidase, providing greater sensitivity than competing assay technologies
- Highly sensitive assay with a wide dynamic range permits detection of high and low levels of reporter without performing numerous sample dilutions
- Non-radioactive reporter gene assay kit eliminates concerns over use of radioisotopes
- Assay can be completed in about one hour, providing fast assay turnaround
- Assay Type: β-Gal (lacZ) Assay
- Compatible Cells: Mammalian Cells
- Detection Method: Chemiluminescent
- For Use With Equipment: Luminometer (Microplate)
- Form: Liquid
- Format: 96-well plate
- Readout: End Point
- Sample Type (Specific): Cell Cultures
- Substrate: Galacton-Star™
- Substrate Properties: Chemical Substrate
- Substrate Type: Beta-Gal Substrate
- Target Enzyme: Beta-Galactosidase
- Technique: Enhanced Chemiluminescence
|β-Galactosidase Reporter Gene Assay System|
|This kit contains the enzyme substrate and reaction buffer.
Store the product at 4°C.
|β-Gal (lacZ) Assay|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.