GE Healthcare illustra plasmidPrep Mini Spin Kit
For the rapid isolation of high and low copy number plasmid DNA
Manufacturer: GE Healthcare 28904270
The illustra plasmidPrep Mini Spin Kit uses a simple plasmid DNA purification protocol involving a modified alkaline lysis procedure and a novel silica-based membrane to achieve highly efficient plasmid DNA purification. Instead of organic solvents, the kit contains chaotropic salts to denature protein components and promote selective binding of DNA to the novel silica membrane.
- Total preparation time of less than 10 minutesrepresenting a 50% reduction in protocol time
- Produces high-quality plasmid DNA with excellent reproducibility for use in cloning, restriction enzyme digestion, PCR amplification, and DNA sequencing
- Increased ease of use provided minimal changes in pipetting volume from one part of the protocol to the next, less centrifugation steps, color-coded kit components, and lack of organic solvents
- The typical plasmid yields from a fresh 1.5 ml culture of E.coli containing a high copy number plasmid is approximately 9 µg
- Can accommodate high and low copy number plasmid purification
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Purify high yields of plasmid DNA in less than 10 min. Color-coded tubes and columns simplify the protocol and purified DNA is suitable for all common downstream applications.|
|Spin columns prepacked with a novel Silica membrane, Suspension, Lysis and Neutralization Buffers containing chaotropic salts, Wash and Elution Buffers, microcentrifuge collection tubes, full protocol booklet, Detachable, quick reference protocol card|
|Suitable for many downstream applications including—restriction enzyme analysis, ligation, cloning, DNA sequencing and PCR Sequencing, PCR, ligation and cloning, restriction digest, enzymatic modification, template for labeled probe generation, transforma|
|illustra plasmidPrep Mini Spin Kit|
|Approx. 9 min|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok