DescriptionTPO is a humoral growth factor that is necessary for megakaryocyte proliferation and maturation, as well as for thrombopoiesis. This protein is the ligand for MLP/C_MPL, which is the product of the myeloproliferative leukemia virus oncogene. Recombinant Human Thrombopoeitin (TPO) is one of the many GIBCO recombinant bioactive proteins available from Life Technologies.
- High purity: minimal interference from other proteins or contaminants
- High biological activity: more results with less protein
- Proven compatibility: Gibco proteins bioassayed with Gibco media
- High purity recombinant bioactive protein: to help ensure Gibco growth factors are of the highest quality, each protein is analyzed for purity along with structural homogeneity to help ensure a biologically active protein
- High biological activity: in-house activity testing of Recombinant Human Thrombopoeitin (TPO) includes cell proliferation, cytotaxis, calcium flux, secondary cytokine up-regulation, induction of surface antigen expression, and protease assays; specific activity is determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of human TF-1 cells (human erythroleukemic indicator cell line)
Shipping Condition: Dry Ice.
Safety and Handling
For Research Use Only. Not intended for animal or human diagnostic or therapeutic use.
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok