Thermo Scientific Harshaw TLD Model 5500 Readers
Measure and evaluate doses with an automatic, compact table-top system that provides unattended operation for up to 50 thermoluminescence dosimetry (TLD) detectors.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific 5500READERMA
Get near-tissue equivalent thermoluminescence dosimetry (TLD) performance with a high-capacity reader for all types of TLD elements and health physics applications. The Thermo Scientific HARSHAW TLD Model 5500 Automatic Reader provides unattended operation for up to 50 dosimeters and accommodates TL chips, disks, rods and cubes in a broad variety of sizes. This reader is suitable for all kinds of applications that require TLD detectors. Clinical applications are: Radiotherapy planning verification, total body irradiation dose verification, critical organ dose verification, diagnostic dose studies including CT, and many others where measurement quality assurance is critical.
The HARSHAW TLD Model 5500 Manual Reader includes a carrier disk for up to 50 TL detectors, a linear, programmable contactless nitrogen heating system, and a cooled photomultiplier tube with associated electronics to measure the TL light output. The operational software, Thermo Scientific WinREMS, which runs on a separate computer, provides the user interface, the reader control and the applications software.
- Multiple, programmable, linear heating cycles including pre-read anneal, acquire and post-read anneal cycles.
- Typical cycle time per detector: typically 30 seconds.
- Heating temperature capability up to 400°C.
- Thermoelectric PMT cooler for maximum gain stability.
- Seven decade glow curve acquisition range.
- Options include glow curve deconvolution software (WinGCF Software), various types of neutral density filter to extend the high measurement range, and TL element specific carrier disks for best possible reproducibility.
- Warm-up time: 30 minutes.
- Easy to operate, service and maintain.
- Size: 38 x 46 x 48cm.
Dosimetry Performance Using LiF:Mg,Ti (TLD-100/600/700):
- Nearly tissue equivalent.
- Radiation types: photons (E>5keV), electrons (E>70keV), neutrons (from thermal energies up to ?100MeV, TLD-600 only).
- Measurement range: 10 µGy to 1 Gy (linear), 1 Gy to 20 Gy (supralinear).
- Detection threshold: <10 µGy based on 2.26 standard deviations for 10 sequential readings of an unexposed dosimeter.
- Repeatability: Less than 2% variation based on one standard deviation for 10 sequential measurements of 1 mGy 137-Cs.
- Residual TL signal: <0.2% of reading.
- Fading: <20% in 3 months without thermal treatment; <5% in 3 months using pre-read anneal or glow curve deconvolution software (WinGCF Software).
- Batch uniformity: ±30% from the factory standard.
- Reuse: typically %500.
- Dynamic range: 7 decades.
- HV stability: ±0.005% per hour, ±0.02% per 8 hours.
- Linearity: better than 1%.
- Test light: temperature-stabilized LED.
- Electrical supply: selectable, 110/120VAC ±10%, 60Hz or 220/240VAC ±10%, 50Hz
- Nitrogen supply:
Purified (99.995%), dry.
Pressure: 2.8 to 6.3kg/cm2.
Flow Rate: internally regulated to 400 liters/h if specified pressure is provided.
- Operating temperature: 15° to 40°C.
- Storage temperature: -10° to +60°C.
- Humidity: Functions within specification after 24 hour exposure to 90% humidity and subsequent 6-hour recovery with use of the nitrogen supply.
- Ambient light exposure: Functions within specifications when exposed to ambient light up to 1,000 Lux with cover on the reader.
- Shock: Withstands a 1-cm drop onto a concrete surface.
Computer requirements: Any commercially available PC system with Windows 7, XP, 2000, or NT 4. 32 bit OS only. RS232 strongly recommended. (Please contact your sales representative for approved USB to RS232 converters).
Thermo Scientific TLD Materials, Thermo Scientific TLD Accessories
Treatment planning verification, diagnostic dose studies, quality assurance, whole body dosimetry, extremity dosimetry, environmental dosimetry, high dose applications (radiation hardness testing), and many more.
|±30% from the factory standard|
|Measurement range: 10 µGy to 1 Gy (linear), 1 Gy to 20 Gy (supralinear)
Detection threshold: <10 µGy based on 2.26 standard deviations for 10 sequential readings of an unexposed dosimeter
|Better than 1%|
|Photons (E>5 keV), electrons (E>70 keV), neutrons (from thermal energies up to 100 MeV, TLD-600 only)|
|for 1 mGy (100 mrad) 137Cs doses, >2% standard deviation of 10 sequential measurements|
|15° to 40°C|
|Multiple, programmable, linear heating cycles include pre-read anneal, acquire and post-read anneal cycles|
|Thermo Scientific TLD Materials, Thermo Scientific TLD Accessories|
|Model 5500 TLD Reader Instrument, Macro Pick Version|
|Flow Rate: internally regulated to 400 liters/h if specified pressure is provided
|Functions within specifications after 24-hour exposure to 95% humidity and subsequent 6-hour recovery with the use of nitrogen supply|
|Thermoelectric PMT cooler for maximum gain stability|
|HV stability: ±0.005% per hour, ±0.02% per 8 hours|
|-10°C to 60°C|
|Selectable, 110/120 VAC ±10%, 60 Hz or 220/240 VAC ±10%, 50 Hz|
|Functions within specifications when exposed to ambient light up to 1,000 Lux with cover on the reader|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok