Heptane (Certified), Fisher Chemical™
|Solubility Information||Insoluble in water|
|Boiling Range||2°C max.|
|Vapor Pressure||48mbar at 20°C|
|Vapor Density||3.5 (Air = 1.0)|
|Flash Point||-4°C (24.8°F)|
|Viscosity||0.4 mPa/s at 20°C|
|Analyte or Component Names||n-Heptane, Methylcyclohexane, Isooctane, Dimethylcyclopentane|
|Chemical Name or Material||Heptane|
|Show More Show Less|
Flammable liquid and vapor. Inhalation may cause central nervous system effects. May cause irritation of respiratory tract. Aspiration hazard if swallowed - can enter lungs and cause damage. Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment. Use personal protective equipment. Keep away from open flames, hot surfaces and sources of ignition. Use only under a chemical fume hood. Wash off immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Obtain medical attention. Rinse immediately with plenty of water, also under the eyelids, for at least 15 minutes. Obtain medical attention. Obtain medical attention. Move to fresh air.
DOTInformation : DOT Class 3, : Flammable Liquid
Recommended Storage : Keep containers tightly closed in a dry, cool and well-ventilated place. Keep away from heat and sources of ignition. Flammables area.