Thermo Scientific Herasafe KS (NSF) Class II, Type A2 Biological Safety Cabinets
Perform quick, simple cleaning and fumigation with this biological safety cabinet, featuring an advanced design for protection and ease of use.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific 51027116
Perform quick, simple cleaning and fumigations with the Thermo Scientific Herasafe KS (NSF) Class II, Type A2 Biological Safety Cabinet, featuring an advanced design for protection and ease of use. Also includes automated airflow compensation and balancing with Thermo Scientific Smartflow, a spacious work area with comfortable armrests, and an intuitive eye-level control with hand-held controls to assist with ADA compliance.
Herasafe KS Class II biological safety cabinets deliver maximum safety, comfort and convenience. Featuring an advanced design for easy operation and maximum safety, Herasafe KS cabinets may be used wherever protection is of paramount importance.
Safety and Protection
- HEPA filters guarantee maximum filtration efficiency of 99.995% at the most penetrating particle size (MPPS)
- Pressure sensor monitoring ensures safe airflow across the entire work surface
- SmartFlow digital technology maintains constant airflow during normal filter loading or temporary airflow obstruction due to foreign objects
- Digital Airflow Verification immediately alerts to any airflow obstruction
Performance and Operation
- Interior eye-level display on rear wall for “at-a-glance” monitoring of safety parameters
- Performance factor (PER) indicates: cabinet is safe, cabinet is safe but time for service, cabinet should not be used
- Display parameters include downflow air velocity, cabinet malfunction, time of day, operating time of optional UV-C lights, total operating hours
- Timer for delayed start
- Stopwatch function
- Handheld control for use inside cabinet eliminates glove changes before changing cabinet settings
- Motorized front window with adjustable 25cm working aperture slopes 10°
- DC motor technology uses energy efficiently with lower heat output
- Aerosol-tight window sealing for additional protection when cabinet is in stand-by mode
- Frameless front sash and side glass window yields unobstructed view of the total work area
- Scratch-resistant stainless-steel work surface with indentations that trap spilled liquids
- Independently tested and certified to EN 12469 standard for Class II biological safety cabinets by TUV Nord. Compliant with NSF/ANSI 49 for Class II biological safety cabinets.
Adjustable stand options with electric or manual adjustment. Work surfaces available as single or segmented modules.
|31.5 x 39.4 x 62.2 in. (80 x 90 x 158.6cm)|
|99.995% at 0.3µm particle size|
|3 ft. (0.9m) wide|
|50kg (one-piece work surface); 25kg (single segmented work surface)|
|4 access (2 on each side wall)|
|210w (nominal setpoint); 40w (reduced flow mode)|
|H14 HEPA EN 1822|
|Cabinet, cross-beam UV, one-piece indented worktray and battery back-up for front window|
|Up to 4 installed through access ports; up to 6 additional factory-installed on rear wall|
|1 duplex, each side wall|
|25cm (77.3cm max)|