Intertek MIC Test Kit, Petroleum Microbiology Media: SRB/APB Combo Kits
Microbiology growth media products
Manufacturer: INTERTEK WESTPORT TECHNOLOGY CENTER MK109B
A range of bacterial growth media and accessories for use in detecting and quantifying microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC).
Sulfate Reducing Bacteria (SRB) contribute to MIC by producing hydrogen sulfide, which is a corrosive and toxic gas that has the odor of rotten eggs. SRB can also sour oil and gas reservoirs, create precipitates that plug openings and discolor water to black. Acid Producing Bacteria (APB) contribute to MIC by decreasing the pH of the environment which promotes the dissolution of metal.
- Five vials SRB media for the enumeration of sulfate-reducing bacteria
- Five vials APB (red) media for the enumeration of acid producing bacteria
- One bottle sterile diluent (D) for making suspensions of biofilm, sludge, scale, etc.
- One vial 2% formalin (P) (red top) for preserving water/solids for microscopic examination
- Five syringes + 5 needles for performing inoculations and serial dilution steps
- One swab + 1 wooden scraper for collecting biofilm, deposits, and sludge
- One alcohol pad for sterilizing tops of media vials
Manufactured in accordance with NACE Standard TM0194-94, Field Monitoring of Bacterial Growth in Oilfield Systems.
|SRB, APB Combi Kit, 2.5% salinity|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok