Invitrogen Platinum SuperScript One-Step RT-PCR System with Platinum Taq DNA Polymerase
Convenient 2X format allows further addition of template and primer at any desired concentration
Manufacturer: Invitrogen 10928034
- The SuperScript One-Step RT-PCR System with Platinum Taq DNA Polymerase is designed for the convenient, sensitive, and reproducible detection and analysis of RNA molecules by RT-PCR
- Components for both cDNA synthesis and PCR are combined in a single tube, using gene-specific primers and target RNAs from either total RNA or mRNA
- Reverse transcription automatically follows PCR cycling without additional steps
- Using the SuperScript One-Step System The system consists of two major components: RT/Platinum Taq Mix and 2X Reaction Mix
- The RT/Platinum Taq Mix contains a mixture of SuperScript II Reverse Transcriptase and Platinum Taq DNA Polymerase for optimal cDNA synthesis and PCR amplification
- SuperScript II RT is a modified version of Moloney Murine Leukemia Virus (M-MLV) RT, engineered to reduce RNase H activity and increase thermal stability
- Platinum Taq DNA polymerase is Taq DNA polymerase complexed with a proprietary antibody that inhibits polymerase activity at ambient temperatures
- The antibody is denatured and polymerase activity is restored during the denaturation step in PCR cycling at 94°C
- This provides an automatic “hot start” in PCR, increasing sensitivity, specificity, and yield
- The 2X Reaction Mix consists of a proprietary buffer system optimized for reverse transcription and PCR amplification, Mg2+ optimized for universal use, deoxyribonucleotide triphosphates, and stabilizers
- Final product size: 3kb or less
One-Step RT-PCR, PCR & Real-Time PCR, RT-PCR, Reverse Transcription
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|25μL SuperScript II RT/Platinum Taq DNA Polymerase mix; 1mL 2X reaction mix; 500μL 5mM magnesium sulfate; 1mL 50mM magnesium sulfate|
|Store at -20deg.C|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.