Invitrogen Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter
Cell counting and viability in < 10 seconds with no need to buy slides or tips. Two optional user-changeable fluorescence channels with over 20 light cubes to choose from
Manufacturer: Invitrogen AMQAF1000
The new Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter is a benchtop assay platform equipped with state-of-the-art optics, full autofocus, and image analysis software for rapid assessment of cells in suspension. With three-channel flexibilitybrightfield and two optional fluorescence channelsresearchers can count cells, monitor fluorescent protein expression, evaluate apoptosis, and measure cell viability.
- Accurateuse the Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter to eliminate the subjectivity of manual cell counting and user-to-user variability
- Flexiblethe Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter is able to accept up to two EVOS light cubes that are user-selectable from over twenty fluorescence channels
- Fastthe Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter provides a total cell count, reports viability, and measures average cell size in as little as 10 seconds. Counting speed is identical when using fluorescence channels.
- Convenientthe Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter requires no cleaning or routine maintenance. A capacitive touchscreen and simple user interface provides quick startup and requires minimal training.
The Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter comes with:
- Countess USB drive for storing and transferring data to your computer
- Disposable slide holder
- Reusable slide holder
- Light cube removal tool
- Power cord and 4 plug adaptors to accommodate most countries
- Quick reference card (QRC)
- A free box of 50 disposable slides
The Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter works in 3 simple steps:
- Mix 10 µL of sample with 10 µL of trypan blue and pipet into a disposable Countess chamber slide.
- Insert the slide into the instrument.
- Press the “Count” button.
Get accurate cell counts
The Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter uses trypan blue staining combined with an auto-focus mechanism and sophisticated image analysis algorithm to obtain accurate cell and viability counts. The measurement range extends from 1 x 10e4 to 1 x 10e7 cells/mL (the optimal range is 1 x 10e5 to 4 x 10e6 cells/mL), which is broader than that of a hemocytometer. The optimal cell size for accurate viability assessment is 760 µm, while particles as small as 4 µm can be successfully counted.
Simple operation with fluorescent application versatility
Operated using an intuitive user interface, automated cell counting with the Countess II FL instrument gives you the data you need to prepare your sample for the next passage or experiment, and allows you to multiplex with a variety of fluorescent dyes and proteins excited via EVOS Light Cubes.
Transfer data and images to your PC
Using the USB port on the Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter, you can save your cell count results and images, and then transfer them to your PC. (For your convenience, a USB drive is supplied with the Countess II FL instrument).
|One 2-chamber disposable or 2-chamber reusable slide|
|Brightfield & 2 user-definable FL channels|
|7in Capacitive touch screen|
|4-60 µm (detection), 7-60 µm (viability)|
|• Countess II FL Automated Cell Counter
• Power cord with adaptors
• Quick reference guide
• USB drive
• Disposable Slide Holder
• Reusable Slide Holder
|9 in (228.6 mm) W x 5.5 in (139.7 mm) D x 9 in (228.6 mm) W|
|2.15 mm x 1.62 mm (3.48 mm2)|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.