Lutetium Test Adapters
Get a smart alternative to conventional check sources for your radiation detection instruments and eliminate error-prone half life correction, transport and disposal issues.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific 4254948
Get reliable performance verification of your radiation detection equipment without the inconsistencies of conventional check sources. From beta contamination probes through gamma scintillators to high resolution detectors, Thermo Scientific Lutetium Test Adapters provide reliable results without half life correction, transport or decay/disposal issues. These innovative test adapters use high-purity natural lutetium oxide to produce a totally constant and homogeneous surface emission rate with well-defined, reproducible results, regardless of variances in the lutetium-oxide ceramics.
Lutetium Test Adapters offer unique advantages. The rare earth element lutetium contains the isotope Lu-176 with 3.6 E10 years half-life and a natural abundance of 2.6% which yields a highly reproducible and uniform activity of the pure element lutetium of about 50 Bq/g.
- There is no need for error-prone half-life correction or for reoccurring purchase of the (decayed) check sources.
- All test adapters of the same type have virtually the same activity.
- Beta-type adapters provide nearly identical surface emission rates.
- The design of specially shaped enclosures and high-density Lu2O3 ceramics minimizes the required activity for small-size detectors.
- Under US DOT or IATA rules for dangerous goods shipments, these adapters are not considered as radioactive material due to their natural origin and low specific activity.
Lutetium Test Adapters are available in a variety of sizes for use with various radiation measurement instruments:
Beta/Gamma Test Adapters
50mm diameter disk type
- High-precision, low-energy test adapters for performance verification of the RadEye B20 and other instruments with pancake detector.
- 9g Lutetiumoxid inlay (D: 40mm x 1mm height).
- Housing made of acrylic glas (D: 50mm x 3mm height).
- Typical net count rate for RadEye B20: 6 cps.
110cm² rectangular type
- Test adapters for large area beta contamination probes like RadEye AB100.
- Inherently homogeneous surface emission rate of 0.8 particles per cm2·s.
- Perfect for training and calibration.
- 80g Lutetiumoxid inlay (Surface area: 74 x 148mm).
- Total size: 120 x 200 x 5mm total size.
Gamma Test Adapter for Portable Instruments
Test Adapter for RadEye PRD
- Specially shaped lutetium test adapter to match RadEye PRD housing.
- 36g Lu2O3.
- Typical net count rate for RadEye PRD: 100 cps.
- Triggers indication of low energy NBR alarm at the RadEye PRD display.
- Carrying case included.
62mm diameter disk type (sealed housing)
- Universal gamma test adapter for portable scintillation detectors and gamma spectroscopy.
- 50g Lutetiumoxid ceramics (D: 55 x 3mm height) within sealed aluminum housing (D x H: 62 x 7mm height).
- Typical net count rate for 2 x 2in. NaI(Tl) detectors: 300 cps.
- Artifical NBR alarm for FHZ 672 E-10 or RadEye NBR.
Gamma Test Adapters for Stationary Radiation Portal Monitors (RPM)
Dual disk with total 100g Lutetiumoxid
- Dual-disc design has a typical net count rate for large area detectors of 1000 cps; 171 x 61 x 17mm (aluminium housing); (2x) D x H: 55 x 3mm (Lu2O3 ceramics).
- Can be mounted directly to FHT 1388 area detectors (plastic housing); also available with holder for monitors with metal enclosure (ASM/SGS installations).
Quad-disc with total 200g Lutetiumoxid
- Quad-disc design has a typical net count rate for large area detectors of 2000 cps; recommended for locations with higher background; (4x) D x H: 55 x 3mm (Lu2O3 ceramics).
- Mounts directly to FHT 1388 area detectors (plastic housing); also available with holder for monitors with metal enclosure (ASM/SGS installations).
|50g Lutetium Test Adapter for RadEye G20 and RadEye NBR|
|Radioactive component: Lu2O3|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok