Thermo Scientific MaxQ 4000 Benchtop Orbital Shakers
Combine the convenience of a benchtop design with orbital shaking technology in one package with Thermo Scientific MaxQ 4000 Benchtop Orbital Shakers.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific SHKE40001CE
Combine the convenience of a benchtop design with orbital shaking technology in one package with Thermo Scientific MaxQ 4000 Benchtop Orbital Shakers. Versatile, incubated and refrigerated, these shakers are ideal for cell culture, solubility studies, extraction procedures, protein expression and many other applications. They are spacious chambers in a footprint designed for the benchtop.
MaxQ 4000 benchtop orbital shakers are durable and easy to use with a spacious 18 x 18in. platform for higher vessel capacity. These benchtop units handle up to six 2L flasks. The clear, scratch-resistant lid allows unobstructed sample viewing without disturbing chamber temperature.
- Triple eccentric drive delivers uniform motion with 0.75in. (19mm) circular orbit
- Timed or continuous-run modes
- Clear, scratch-resistant lid for sample viewing
- Safety interlock stops platform when lid is opened
- Precisely monitor temperature and control chamber temperature over complete range with ±0.1C accuracy at 37°C with PID temperature controller
- Over temperature safety feature with independent thermostat provides additional backup by controlling heat if main temperature controller fails
- Speed control from 40 to 400rpm by rotary dial
- Integrated tachometer monitors and displays speed in rpm to guarantee an accurate setting
- Easy-to-read LED digital temperature display
- Continuous and timed operation from 1 to 60 min.
- Variable speed control from 15 to 500 rpm
- View speed, temperature and time simultaneously on three individual LED displays which helps minimize errors in establishing running conditions
- Continuous and timed operation from 0.1 hr. up to 999 hr. or 0.1 min. to 999 min.
- Shaker shutdown and audible/visual alarms signal if unit operates ±10% of set speed, preventing shaker from walking
- User-adjustable speed calibration can be performed using a digital handheld tachometer, where verification is required and protocols can be standardized
- Unbalanced load sensor stops platform motion when excess vibration is detected and visual/audible alarms signal until condition is corrected
- Soft-start feature eliminates sudden starts and stops, splashing of vessel contents or wetting of flask closure
- Solid-state DC brushless motor is maintenance free
Overall Dimensions Inches (cm)
Models SHKA4000, SHKE4000, SHKA4000-5, SHKE4000-5: 32 (81.3) x 22.5 (57.2) x 22 (55.9)
Models SHKA4000-7, SHKE4000-7: 34 (86.4) x 22.5 (57.2) x 22 (55.9)
Shipping Weight Lb. (kg)
Models SHKA4000, SHKE4000, SHKA4000-5, SHKE4000-5: 167 (75.8)
Models SHKA4000-7, SHKE4000-7: 212 (96.2)
For a complete system, order platforms and clamps (sold separately).
Universal Platform (without clamps) or Dedicated Platform (with pre-installed clamps).
- Cell culture
- Solubility studies
- Extraction procedures
- Plasmid purification
- General mixing
- Bacterial suspensions
- Staining and destaining
- Washing procedures
- Protein expression
|MaxQ 4000 Benchtop|
|Ambient+10° to 60°C|
|Six 2L Flasks|
|50 lb. (22.7kg)|
|UL, cUL, CE|
|15 to 500rpm|
|15 to 500 ±1rpm|
|1.9cm (0.75 in.)|
|Large Incubated High Temperature|