Meridian Bioscience illumigene Bordetella Pertussis Kit
Diagnostic system for detection of Bordetella pertussis in nasopharyngeal swab samples
Manufacturer: MERIDIAN BIOSCIENCE 280750
Bordetella Pertussis is the pathogen responsible for the endemic respiratory disease whooping cough. Although there is a vaccine available, it is currently showing an increase of reportable infections in the US. Molecular assays are increasingly being used due to improved sensitivity and rapid turnaround time.
- Based on loop-mediated isothermal DNA amplification (LAMP) technology
- Result interpretation in less than 1 hour by illumipro-10 Incubator/Reader
- High sensitivity (87.8%) and specificity (97.8%)
- Quicker initiation of patient treatment
- Small instrument footprint
- Simple testing protocol, easily train all laboratory personnel
The device is not intended for point-of-care use.
|Detection of Bordetella pertussis in nasopharyngeal swab samples|
|2° to 30°C|
Safety and Handling
ShelfLife : 18 months