Thermo Scientific MicroTest Universal Kits
Maintain viability of viruses chlamydiae, mycoplasma and ureaplasma during transport and storage with kits with media and traditional and micro-tipped swabs.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific R12580
Maintain organism viability and counts for verification studies, quality control procedures, and repeat testing of viruses, chlamydiae, mycoplasma and ureaplasma with quality media, proven collection and transport tools, and safe, reliable packaging. Thermo Scientific MicroTest Universal Kits come in four media formulations and include one plastic shaft traditional-tipped polyester swab and one stainless steel shaft micro-tipped polyester swab and a 6 x 9 in. zip-seal bag for safe transport.Designed for the collection, transportation, maintenance and long-term storage of viral specimens, chlamydiae, mycoplasma and ureaplasma. Thermo Scientific MicroTest products are top quality. From formulation to packaging, MicroTest products maintain the viability of organisms through freeze-thaw cycles while inhibiting antimicrobial contaminants and promoting safety.
MicroTest M4 contains gelatin, vancomycin, amphotericin B, and colistin for the transport of viruses, Chlamydiae, Ureaplasmas, and Mycoplasmas.
MicroTest M4RT contains gelatin, gentamicin, and amphotericin B for the transport of viruses and Chlamydiae.
MicroTest M5 contains vancomycin, amphotericin B, and colistin and protein stabilizers for the transport of viruses, Chlamydiae, Ureaplasmas, and Mycoplasmas.
MicroTest M6 contains gelatin, vancomycin, amphotericin B, and colistin for the transport of viruses, Chlamydiae, Ureaplasmas, and Mycoplasmas.
MicroTest Universal Kits come with 1.5mL or 3mL of liquid medium in a 15mL conical tube with 3 glass beads, an envelope with one plastic shaft, traditional-tipped polyester swab, one stainless steel shaft micro-tipped polyester swab, and a 6 x 9 in. zip-seal bag.
Keep your lab moving in the right direction with a dependable set of solutions for transport, holding, maintenance and long-term culture storage with the MicroTest family of collection and transport media.
Trusted reliable results
- Stringent quality control, including cellular toxicity on each lot number
- Patented formulations with stabilizing proteins, buffers, and specific antibiotics
- Provides compatible transport for cell culture, enzyme immunoassays, and molecular diagnostic tests
- Maintains organism viability and counts for better, more reliable results during validation/verification studies, quality control procedures, and repeat testing
- 1.5mL and 3.0mL fill volumes allow multiple tests from one specimen
- Individual transport media tubes or complete kits offer flexibility and versatility
- Tough, break-resistant tubes with secure, color-coded screw caps prevent leaking and exposure to infectious agents
- Kits include leak-resistant polypropylene bag for safe sample transport
Not all products are available for sale in all territories. Please inquire.
Remel and Oxoid products are now part of the Thermo Scientific brand, combining powerful manual, semi-automated and fully automated test products and a comprehensive line of media and diagnostic products to offer a complete, end-to-end solution to quickly deliver the products you need and the quality results your laboratory depends on.
|Traditional tipped and micro tipped|
|Culture, Shell vial, Freeze-thaw cycles, Culture maintenance, ELISA, PCR, DNA probe technology (including BDMS, membrane ELISA)|
|-25° to 8°C|
|M5 Universal Kit|
|Plastic and stainless steel|
|-25°C or 2-8°C|
|viruses, chlamydiae, Ureaplasmas, and Mycoplasmas|
Safety and Handling
ShelfLife : 18 months