Thermo Scientific Thermo Scientific Nalgene Rapid-Flow Sterile Disposable Filter Units with PES Membrane
Increase filtration efficiency with PES membranes and Rapid-Flow design, providing fast flow rates and high throughput while defending against cell culture contamination.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific 5240020
Increase sample protection and filtration efficiency with Thermo Scientific Nalgene Rapid-Flow disposable Filter Units with PES Membrane. These units feature the exclusive Rapid-Flow support plate design, providing fast flow rates and high throughput. The last line of defense against cell culture contaminationlow protein binding polyethersulfone (PES) membranes with low extractables are the best choice for sterile filtration of cell culture media, serum, additives and buffers.
- Filter cup unscrews from storage bottle for easy access to filtrate
- Leakproof (except 115 mL sizes) screw cap closure eliminates pH shift in storage bottle for longer life of stored media
- Upper chamber of filter units is clearly marked with pore size, membrane type, catalog number, lot number and expiration date (except 115 mL size)
- Padless membrane support minimizes foaming of proteinaceous samples
- Non-pyrogenic and non-cytotoxic
- PES membrane with blue collar
- Gamma radiation-sterilized and individually bagged for a 5-year sterile shelf life
Polyethersulfone (PES) Membrane
- PES is the best membrane for cell culture fluids; lowest protein binding to maintain protein balance, lowest extractables to maintain media purity
- Asymmetric PES membrane plus unique Rapid-Flow support plate design provides fast flow and high throughput of fluids for increased filtration efficiency
- 0.2µm units protect against bacterial contamination
- 0.1µm units also protect against Mycoplasma contamination
- Compact filter units for quick filtration of 50-100mL of fluid
- Unitary construction with non-separable upper and receiver components
- Not intended for post-filtration storage of media (use Rapid-Flow products if media storage is required)
- 115mL sizes do not have Rapid-Flow support plate design
Polystyrene cover; graduated upper chamber and storage bottle (except 115 mL size); integral membrane filter; cellulosic-plugged side arm; quick-disconnect tubing adapter.
The term “leakproof” applies to Thermo Scientific Nalgene products that meet the following criteria: a) Bottle/flask/funnel closure systems with closures smaller than 100mm, after they are filled with water, inverted, withstand air pressure of 2psig for 2 minutes, and no water escapes;. b) Bottle/funnel/flask closure systems of larger than 100mm after they are filled with water, inverted for 15 minutes, and no water escapes. Note: these tests, using other liquids, may not yield the same results. To ensure safe usage, customers are advised to test Thermo Scientific Nalgene bottles and closures under conditions of their planned applications. Thermo Scientific Nalgene products are leakproof at ambient temperature and pressure when used with their Nalgene closures.
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
Disclaimer to internal research use restriction: Any restrictions on the purchaser to utilize the product(s) for internal research purposes only does not apply to the product(s) on the web pages associated with this statement.