Thermo Scientific Nalgene Rapid-Flow Sterile Disposable Filter Units with SFCA Membrane
Perform vacuum filtration and single-use biological work requiring sterile filtration, prefiltration or clarification of aqueous solutions in the lab or field.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific 1550045
Conduct vacuum filtration and single-use biological work requiring sterile filtration, prefiltration or clarification of aqueous solutions in the lab or field with Thermo Scientific Nalgene Rapid-Flow Sterile Disposable Filter Units with SFCA Membrane. Surfactant-Free Cellulose Acetate (SFCA) membranes have lower extractables than standard (CA) membranes.Features
- Upper chamber separates from storage bottle for easy access to filtrate
- Upper chamber clearly marked with pore size, membrane type, catalog number, lot number and expiration date (except 115 mL size)
- Leakproof (except 115 mL sizes) screw cap eliminates pH shift in storage bottle to provide longer life for stored media
- Padless membrane support minimizes foaming of proteinaceous samples
- Non-pyrogenic and non-cytotoxic
- Gamma radiation-sterilized and individually bagged for a 5-year sterile shelf life
Surfactant-Free Cellulose Acetate Membranes (SFCA)
- Low protein binding, excellent flow rates, little or no loss of specific proteins
- No wetting agents to affect sensitive cell culture lines
- Yellow collar for easy identification
- Much lower extractables than standard CA membranes
- Compact filter units for quick filtration of 50 to 100mL of fluid
- Unitary construction with non-separable upper and lower compartments
- Not intended for post-filtration storage of media (use Rapid-Flow products if media storage is required)
- 115mL sizes do not have Rapid-Flow support plate design
Polystyrene cover; graduated upper chamber and storage bottle (except 115mL size) integral membrane filter; cellulosic-plugged side arm; quick disconnect tubing adapter.
The term “leakproof” applies to Thermo Scientific Nalgene products that meet the following criteria: a) Bottle/flask/funnel closure systems with closures smaller than 100mm, after they are filled with water, inverted, withstand air pressure of 2psig for 2 minutes, and no water escapes;. b) Bottle/funnel/flask closure systems of larger than 100mm after they are filled with water, inverted for 15 minutes, and no water escapes. Note: these tests, using other liquids, may not yield the same results. To ensure safe usage, customers are advised to test Thermo Scientific Nalgene bottles and closures under conditions of their planned applications. Thermo Scientific Nalgene products are leakproof at ambient temperature and pressure when used with their Nalgene closures.
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
Disclaimer to internal research use restriction: Any restrictions on the purchaser to utilize the product(s) for internal research purposes only does not apply to the product(s) on the web pages associated with this statement.