Invitrogen eBioscience DRAQ5 Dye
Anthraquinone dye with high affinity for double-stranded DNA. It is a membrane-permeable dye that can label live or fixed/dead cells.
Manufacturer: Invitrogen 65088092
- In flow cytometry, this dye can be used to distinguish nucleated and non-nucleated cells.
- DRAQ5 can also be used to report nuclear DNA content for ploidy and cell cycle analysis because it binds DNA stoichiometrically. In fluorescent microscopy, it can be used as a nuclear counterstain
- Excited by wavelengths from 488 to 647nm
- For microscopy/imaging, 633 or 647nm sources for excitation are recommended
- For flow cytometry, with excitation at 488nm, this dye can be detected with filter sets designed for PerCP-eFluor 710 or PerCP-Cy5.5 (685LP dichroic mirror and 710/50 band pass); with excitation at 633nm, it can be detected with filter sets designed for APC (660/20 band pass)
- For cell cycle/DNA analysis applications, a higher wavelength filter is recommended, such as a 710LP or a filter set designed for PE-Cy7 (735LP dichroic mirror and 780/60 band pass), to optimize the CV for the G1 and G2/M peaks
- Because of its broad excitation and emission properties, DRAQ5 is not recommended in combination with other far-red fluorochromes excited by the 488 or 633nm laser lines, including PE-Cy7, PerCP-eFluor 710, PerCP-Cy5.5, APC, Alexa Fluor 647, Alexa Fluor 700, APC-eFluor 780 and equivalents (APC-Alexa Fluor 750 and APC-Cy7)
|5 mM in aqueous buffer, no sodium azide|
|Cell Labeling, Immunocytochemistry, Flow Cytometric Analysis, Microscopy|
|2° to 8°C. Light sensitive material. This product is guaranteed for 6 months upon receipt when stored properly.|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
For Research Use Only