DescriptionPierce Protein A/G Plus Agarose consists of purified Protein A/G recombinant fusion protein that has been covalently immobilized at high density onto high-quality crosslinked 6% beaded agarose (CL-6B). Because the Protein A/G combines the immunoglobulin-binding domains of both Protein A and Protein G, the resin is effective for affinity purification of IgG antibodies from a broad range mammalian host species.
Protein A/G – immobilized recombinant fusion protein of the antibody-binding domains of Protein A and Protein G enables polyclonal IgG purification from nearly any mammalian species
Agarose resin – support is crosslinked 6% beaded agarose (CL-6B), the most popular resin for protein affinity purification methods
Inert and stable – superior manufacturing method immobilizes Protein A/G by charge-free, leach-resistant covalent bonds, resulting in low nonspecific binding and enabling multiple uses without decline in yield
High capacity – “Plus” variety of Pierce Protein A/G Agarose has a very dense load of immobilized Protein A/G, providing a binding capacity greater than 50mg human IgG/mL resin
Properties of crosslinked 6% beaded agarose (CL-6B):
- Support pH Stability: 2 to 14 (short term); 3 to 13 (long term)
- Average Particle Size: 45 to 165 microns
- Exclusion Limit: 10,000 to 4,000,000 daltons
- Maximum Volumetric Flow Rate: approx. 1mL/minute (for 1cm diameter column)
- Maximum Linear Velocity: 30cm per hour
- Maximum Pressure: less than 25psi (1.5 bar), defined as the maximum pressure drop across a column that the resin can withstand (Note: The indicated gauge pressure of a liquid chromatography apparatus may be measuring the total system pressure rather than the pressure drop across the column.)
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok