Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Trifluoroacetic Acid (TFA), Sequencing grade
Bottles of 99.5%-pure TFA (MW 114.02, CAS 76-05-01) liquid (sold by weight); for HPLC use as an ion-pairing agent in reverse-phase peptide separations.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ 28904
Thermo Scientific™ Pierce Trifluoroacetic Acid (TFA) is manufactured and tested to meet strict specifications that ensure superior performance for use as an ion-pairing agent in reverse-phase peptide separations.
For complex peptide separations, the key to success can be to vary selectivity. Varying mobile phase composition on the same column can change selectivity enough to resolve peptide that would otherwise overlap. The TFA concentration is usually specified as 0.1% for reverse-phase HPLC of peptides. For reproducible separations from run-to-run or from lab-to-lab, it is essential to make concentrations the same.
- Purity: >99.5% TFA and exceptional clarity allows sensitive, nondestructive peptide detection at low UV wavelengths
- High-performance packaging: Packaged under nitrogen in amber glass with protective TFE-lined fluorocarbon caps to ensure TFA integrity
- Choice of formats for convenience: 1 mL ampules can prepare 1 L of 0.1% v/v TFA solution for the mobile phase in reverse-phase chromatography in moments
- CAS: 76-05-1
- Store in original container protected from direct sunlight in a dry, cool and well-ventilated area
- Should be stored from 20° to 25°C
X in the ordering table indicates that hazardous shipping charges apply.
|Trifluoroacetic Acid (TFA)|
|99.5 % (TFA)|
|Store in original container protected from direct sunlight in a dry, cool and well-ventilated area, between the following temperatures: 20 to 25°C.|
|10 x 1 mL|
|Ion Pairing Reagent|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
Limited warranty period: Subject to all warranty requirements and exclusions set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale, this product is warranted from the date we ship the product and for ninety (90) days thereafter. Disclaimer to internal research use restriction: Any restrictions on the purchaser to utilize the product(s) for internal research purposes only does not apply to the product(s) on the web pages associated with this statement.