Applied Biosystems PowerUp SYBR Green Master Mix
Pre-formulated, optimized, universal 2X master mix for real-time PCR workflows.
Manufacturer: Applied Biosystems A25741
Coupled with user-supplied primer sets and template, PowerUp SYBR Green Master Mix is designed to amplify targets for accurate gene expression analysis.
- A dual hot-start mechanism for excellent specificity
- Highly reproducible CTs over a broad dynamic range
- Inclusion of UDG to help prevent carryover contamination
- Stability of pre-assembled reactions for up to 72 hours
- Compatibility with most real-time qPCR instruments
Exceptional specificity with dual hot-start mechanism:
- Specificity is paramount in obtaining high-quality data in SYBR Green reactions and can be enhanced through control of the Taq DNA polymerase at lower temperatures before stringent primer binding
- PowerUp SYBR Green Master Mix uses the Dual-Lock Taq DNA polymerase enzyme that combines two unique hot-start mechanisms to help control its activity and to prevent undesirable early activity of the polymerase at low temperatures
- In an experiment evaluating 24 different primer sets, PowerUp SYBR Green Master Mix generated single melt curves 100% of the time, consistent with highly specific amplification
Tight reproducibility in CTs over a wide dynamic range:
- PowerUp SYBR Green Master Mix demonstrates excellent reproducibility over a wide dynamic range for a variety of targets tested
- In addition, this master mix provides efficient amplification over 6 logs of sample input
- Unlike competitor mixes that can exhibit inhibition at high cDNA inputs and low correlation coefficients over a dynamic range experiment, PowerUp SYBR Green Master Mix efficiency is maintained over the full dynamic range to help deliver maximal confidence in data quality
UDG included for carryover contamination control:
- The inclusion of uracil-DNA glycosylase (UDG) and dUTP in the PowerUp SYBR Green Master Mix enables the degradation of any previously amplified PCR products, helping prevent contamination of subsequent qPCR reactions and possible false positives
Stability of pre-assembled reactions:
- The tight control of the Dual-Lock Taq DNA polymerase in PowerUp SYBR Green Master Mix enables reactions to be assembled up to 72 hours prior to cycling without impacting data
- This consistency allows users to have confidence and flexibility in the use of PowerUp SYBR Green Master Mix across numerous workflow scenarios1
Broad instrument compatibility:
- PowerUp SYBR Green Master Mix can be used in either standard or fast cycling mode and is compatible with all Applied Biosystems real-time PCR instruments2
- It is also compatible with the Bio-Rad IQ5 and CFX96/CFX384 systems, Roche LightCycler LC480, and Stratagene MX3005P systems
- For optimal results, recommended primer concentrations are 300 to 800nM
Shipping Conditions: Wet Ice
|PowerUp™ SYBR™ Green Master Mix|
|The 2X mix contains SYBR Green dye, Dual-Lock Taq DNA Polymerase, dNTPs with dUTP/dTTP blend, heat-labile UDG, ROX passive reference dye, and optimized buffer components. Contains 1 x 1mL tube, sufficient for 100 20μL reactions (10μL Master Mix per reaction).|
|PowerUp™ SYBR™ Green Master Mix, 1mL, 100 rxns, DNA General Sample Type, SYBR Detection Method, Fast or Standard Reaction Speed, 2 to 8°C Storage Temperature, qPCR PCR Method, Dual-Lock™ Taq DNA Polymerase|
|7300 System, 7500 Fast Dx System, 7500 Fast System, 7700 System, 7900HT Fast System, Agilent Mx3005P system, Bio-Rad CFX Connect™, Bio-Rad CFX384 Touch™, Bio-Rad CFX96 Touch™, QuantStudio™ 12K Flex, QuantStudio™ 3, QuantStudio™ 5, QuantStudio™ 6, QuantStudio™ 7, Roche LightCycler 480, Roche LightCycler 96, StepOne™ System, StepOnePlus™ System, ViiA™ 7 System|
|Fast or Standard|
|Real time PCR (qPCR)|
|Store at 2° to 8°C.|
|Detection Method: SYBR; PCR Method: qPCR|
Safety and Handling
ShelfLife : Guaranteed minimum shelf life is 60 days (exact expiry date printed on product and CofA).
Purchase one Applied Biosystems™ SYBR™ Green Master Mix and get one green master mix at no additional cost. This is an NLSU exclusive offer. You must apply and qualify for the program to be eligible.
Receive a complimentary sample of Applied Biosystems™ PowerUp™ SYBR™ Green Master Mix.
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.