SAS™ Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Alert
A visual and rapid assay for the qualitative detection of the RSV antigen directly from nasopharyngeal specimens (washes, aspirates, and swabs) in neonatal and pediatric patients.
Supplier: SAS™ 041130
SAS™ RSVAlert Test is a rapid lateral-flow, membrane based immunoassay for the qualitative detection
of Respiratory Syncytial Virus. RSV is the most common cause of lower respiratory tract infections such as bronchiolitis and pneumonia among infants and young children. RSV can cause serious lower respiratory tract infections throughout life, especially among those with compromised respiratory, cardiac or immune systems.
- CLIA Classification: Waived
- Simple, 15-minute rapid, visual, membrane test
- Optional extraction step for bloody or mucoidal specimens
- Room temperature storage
- 18-month shelf life
- CPT Code 87807/87807QW* (*QW Modifier is added to report use of CLIA-Waived test systems for Medicare/Medicaid claims
- Sensitivity 97%; Specificity 98%
- Nasopharyngeal Swabs are not included. If this is the preferred sample type, swabs must be purchased separately.
- Specimen: Nasal Pharyngeal Washes/Aspirates and Swabs. Specimens should be transported to laboratory immediately after collection. Specimens may be stored at 2 to 8°C for up to 48 hours or at -20°C for up to one week.
- Acceptable specimens include nasopharyngeal washes, aspirates, and swabs.
- Read results after 15 minutes and no later than 30 minutes. Positive results may be observed in as short as 30 seconds depending on the concentration of the antigen.
- The test is for in-vitro diagnostic use only. It is recommended that negative test results be confirmed by cell culture.
- Test Devices
- SAS™ RSVAlertAlert Extraction Buffer (Contains mucolytic agent and 0.1% sodium azide as a preservative)
- Disposable extraction tubes with filtered caps
- Package insert
MATERIALS NOT PROVIDED
- RSV positive control
- RSV negative control
- Pipette and Pipette tips that can hold up to 1000 mL of sample
- Nasopharyngeal Swabs if recommended sample type
|87807/87807QW* (''QW*'' modifier is added to report use of CLIA‐waived test systems for Medicare/Medicaid claims.)|
|Respiratory Syncytial Virus Rapid Test|
|Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)|
|Test Devices, Extraction Buffers and Tubes with Caps, Package Insert|
Safety and Handling
ShelfLife : 18 Months (from date of manufacture)
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok