Thermo Scientific™ Slide-A-Lyzer™ Dialysis Cassettes, 10K MWCO
Remove salts and small contaminants to maximize sample purity and recovery with Slide-A-Lyzer 10K MWCO dialysis cassettes.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ 66381
Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Cassettes (10K MWCO) facilitate the simple and effective removal of salts and small contaminants from proteins and other macromolecules greater than 10,000 Daltons. Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Cassettes are available in four sizes to accommodate sample volumes between 0.5 and 30 mL. These devices are easier to use than traditional dialysis tubing, providing faster buffer exchange and more complete sample recovery.Slide-A-Lyzer cassettes can be used for a wide range of applications including low-molecular weight contaminant removal, buffer exchange, desalting, equilibrium dialysis, and sample concentration. Liquid samples are easily added and removed by penetrating the self-sealing gasket with a hypodermic needle attached to a syringe. No knots, clips, or caps are needed to seal the units and prevent leaking and sample-loss during the dialysis procedure.
Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Cassettes are constructed from two sheets of low-binding, regenerated-cellulose dialysis membrane that are hermetically sealed on either side of a silicone-like gasket inside an inert plastic frame. The membrane and cassette materials are compatible with most common laboratory chemicals and buffers.
Features of Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Cassettes:
• Color-coded—orange frame specifies cassettes with the 10,000 MW pore size membrane
• Four cassette sizes—select the cassette that best suits your sample volume
• Fast dialysis—flat cassette chamber with two membranes provides high surface area-to-volume ratio that maximizes diffusion rate compared to cylindrical dialysis tubing
• High recovery—rectangular cassette design maximizes recovery of entire sample volume via any one of the four corner injection ports
• Gamma-irradiated option—gamma-irradiated cassettes are available for applications requiring conditions that minimize the risk of sample contamination
Gamma-irradiated dialysis cassettes
Gamma-irradiated Slide-A-Lyzer Dialysis Cassettes are ideal for researchers culturing cells and microorganisms; purifying viruses, DNA, and RNA; or performing sample preparation for other applications requiring conditions that minimize the risk of sample contamination. The gamma-irradiated cassettes are treated with 20–36 kGy of gamma radiation, a dosage that has been determined to sterilize the units based on both trypticase soy broth medium for identifying total growth and fluid thioglycollate medium for identifying anaerobic growth. However, a confirmation of sterility is not provided for individual lots, as no further sterility testing is conducted post-irradiation.
• Composition: regenerated cellulose synthesized by the viscose method
• Thickness: 0.9 to 1.2 mil (22.5 to 30 µm)
• Hydration time required before use: 2 minutes
• Glycerol content: 21%
• Sulfur content: 0.1–0.15%
• Heavy metals content: trace
• 0.5 mL = 0.1 to 0.5 mL
• 3 mL = 0.5 to 3 mL
• 12 mL = 3 to 12 mL
• 30 mL = 12 to 30 mL
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Buffer Exchange, Protein|
|5 x 10 Cassettes|
|Store at room temperature|
|Cellulose Membrane, Dialysis|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok