Applied Biosystems™ TaqMan™ Genotyping Master Mix
Optimized for end-point fluorescence detection in SNP genotyping applications.
Manufacturer: Applied Biosystems™ 4381656
- Distinct clusters and high call rates for unambiguous allelic discrimination
- Validated with TaqMan™ SNP Genotyping Assays
- Excellent pre- and post-PCR stability for high throughput setup and analysis
- Reaction size is based on a 50μL reaction volume
May be used for a variety of genotyping applications, including:
- Candidate gene studies
- Drug-target validation
- Disease association studies
- Population genetics
- Linkage mapping
- Agricultural applications
Exceptional Performance from an Optimized Mix (2X)
Accurate genotype assignments result from preferential binding of the allele-specific probe to the matching target. TaqMan™ Genotyping Master Mix enables specific binding of the probe to achieve exceptional cluster resolution. Key features include:
- AmpliTaq Gold™ DNA Polymerase, UP (Ultra Pure) - Automatic hot start enzyme designed to be active during thermal cycling and inactive at room temperature for easy reaction setup
- Optimized mix components provide excellent specificity for discrimination between alleles
- Passive internal reference based on proprietary ROX™ dye for increased precision on Applied Biosystems™ real-time PCR instruments
- Single thermal cycling condition for consistent results with TaqMan™ Assays
Validated with TaqMan™ Genotyping Assays and Instruments:
- TaqMan™ Genotyping Master Mix has been tested across all types of TaqMan™ SNP Genotyping Assays: TaqMan™ Drug Metabolism Genotyping Assays, TaqMan™ SNP Genotyping Assays, and Custom TaqMan™ SNP Genotyping Assays
- In addition, the master mix is validated with the Applied Biosystems™ thermal cyclers and real-time PCR systems
High-Throughput Setup and Analysis:
- The combination of several low-cost thermal cyclers for PCR and a single real-time PCR instrument for allelic discrimination make high throughput SNP genotyping manageable
- TaqMan™ Genotyping Master Mix further improves high-throughput setup and analysis with excellent room temperature stability both before and after PCR
- This provides the flexibility required to run long experiments, unattended overnight or over a weekend
Reliable Discrimination with Challenging Targets
- Amplicon design constraints make SNP detection challenging, particularly when targets contain an abundance of GC- or AT-rich regions
- The optimized components of TaqMan™ Genotyping Master Mix result in tight, well-separated clusters and more accurate allele-calls compared to other mixes, even for challenging targets
Setting the Industry Standard for Quality:
- Extensive analytical and functional tests are performed for each manufactured lot of TaqMan™ Genotyping Master Mix, including one TaqMan™ SNP Genotyping Assay and one TaqMan™ Drug Metabolism Genotyping Assay
- Results are compiled in an informative Certificate of Analysis, which is accessible through the Applied Biosystems™ Web site
Guaranteed minimum shelf life is 60 days.
|Supplied at 2X concentration. The mix is optimized for SNP genotyping using TaqMan™ probes and contains AmpliTaq Gold™ DNA Polymerase UP (Ultra Pure), dNTPs without dUTP, Passive Reference 1 and optimized mix components. This pack contains two 10 mL bottles, sufficient for 800 reactions at the 50 µL total volume.
Guaranteed minimum shelf life is 60 days (exact expiry date printed on product and CofA).
|AmpliTaq Gold DNA Polymerase|
|Copy Number Variants, SNPs (Unknown or Numerous), Drug Metabolizing Enzymes, SNPs (Known)|
|Genotyping Master Mix|
|2 x 10 mL|
|SNP Genotyping (Real-Time PCR-Based), CNV (Copy Number Variation)|
|Applied Biosystems StepOnePlus™ Fast Real-Time PCR System, QuantStudio™ 12k Flex, QuantStudio™ 3, QuantStudio™ 5, QuantStudio™ 6 Flex, QuantStudio™ 7|
|UP (Ultra Pure)|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.