Tecniplast™ Metabolic Cage Systems for Rodents
Unique funnel and cone design completely separates urine and feces
Manufacturer: Tecniplast™ 3701M081
Distinctive two-chamber design provides a safe, sanitary environment for animals and permits acquisition of untainted urine and feces for study. Upper and lower chambers constructed of smooth, transparent polycarbonate to prevent gnawing and noise.
Upper Chamber Features
- Large cover keeps animals securely in cage; allows easy access to interior Stainless-steel support grid separates chambers and allows waste products to pass through bars Handles on grid for easy cage transportation without stand
- Feeder chamber on outside of upper chamber is large enough for animals to access food, yet small enough to prevent sleeping or nesting Polycarbonate feed drawer underneath feeder chamber slides out for easy filling
- Rear chamber of feed drawer catches spilled slurry, liquid, or powder food—excess food will not contaminate excreta
- Calibrated polycarbonate water bottle with stainless-steel cap and sipper tube assembly, combined with water spillage collection tube, facilitates accurate collection of fluid intake data
- All parts are autoclavable
- Nonwetting polymethylpentene (PMP) funnel and separating cone allow waste products to collect in separate feces and urine collection tubes
- Fecal matter rolls down the sides of funnel to collect in feces collection tube Urine collection tube is graduated in cubic centimeters and can be cooled in an ice bath
- Tubes unlock from outside of cage with a single twist so as not to disturb animals
- All parts are autoclavable
Feed drawer not designed for use with pellet food.
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Rodent Metabolic Cage System|
|Rats, Guinea Pigs and Hamsters (>300g)|
|Complete assembly and use instructions, replacement parts list and warranty card|
|Polycarbonate, PMP, Stainless Steel|
|14 x 11 x 20.5 in. (35.5 x 27.9 x 52 cm)|
|A safe, sanitary environment for animals and permits acquisition of untainted urine and feces for study|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok