Thermo Scientific T4 DNA Ligase (5 U/µL)
T4 DNA Ligase catalyzes the formation of a phosphodiester bond between juxtaposed 5'-phosphate and 3'-hydroxyl termini in duplex DNA or RNA.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific EL0012
Catalyze the formation of a phosphodiester bond between juxtaposed 5'-phosphate and 3'-hydroxyl termini in duplex DNA or RNA with the Thermo Scientific T4 DNA Ligase. The enzyme repairs single-strand nicks in duplex DNA, RNA, or DNA/RNA hybrids. It also joins DNA fragments with either cohesive or blunt termini, but has no activity on single-stranded nucleic acids.
The T4 DNA Ligase requires ATP as a cofactor.
- Active in Themo Scientific restriction enzyme, PCR, and RT buffers (when supplemented with ATP)
- Fast sticky-end ligation is completed in 10 minutes at room temperature
- Supplied with PEG solution for efficient blunt-end ligation
- Cloning of restriction enzyme generated DNA fragments
- Cloning of PCR products
- Joining of double-stranded oligonucleotide linkers or adaptors to DNA
- Site-directed mutagenesis
- Amplified fragment length polymorphism (AFLP)
- Ligase-mediated RNA detection (see Reference 3)
- Nick repair in duplex DNA, RNA or DNA/RNA hybrids
- Self-circularization of linear DNA.
- Binding of T4 DNA Ligase to DNA may result in a band shift in agarose gels. To avoid this, incubate samples with 6X DNA Loading Dye & SDS Solution at 70°C for 5 min or 65°C for 10 minutes and chill on ice prior to electrophoresis.
- The volume of the ligation reaction mixture should not exceed 10% of the competent cell volume in the transformation process.
- Prior to electro-transformation, remove T4 DNA Ligase from the ligation mixture by spin column or chloroform extraction. The extracted DNA can be further precipitated with ethanol.
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|5 x 1000U|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok