Employ a novel method for rapid preparation of chemically-competent E. coli cells from overnight bacterial cultures or bacterial colonies with the Thermo Scientific TransformAid Bacterial Transformation Kit. The key component of this system is the unique T-solution, which produces competent cells in a few easy steps. The quick and convenient procedure guarantees transformation efficiencies of more than 107 transformants per µg of plasmid DNA, ideal for routine cloning experiments. The option to use bacterial colonies for preparation of competent cells adds flexibility to any cloning experiment.
The TransformAid Bacterial Transformation Kit can be used with most E. coli strains commonly used for cloning: JM107, JM109, XL1-Blue, SURE, TOPP2, W3110, NM527, AD494, CJ236, GM2163, C600, BL21, M15, NM522, HB101, ER2267.
- Efficient more than 107 transformants per µg of plasmid DNA
- Practical E. coli competent cells can be prepared from an overnight culture or from bacterial colonies
- Fast less than 1 hour from the overnight bacterial culture to cell plating. Starting from bacterial colonies, the procedure requires only 2.5 hours
- Easy all procedures are performed on ice on your bench. Brief centrifugations are carried out in regular microcentrifuges
- Routine cloning experiments
- Blunt-end cloning
- TA cloning
- T-Solution (A)
- T-Solution (B)
- Detailed Protocol
Competent cells prepared with TransformAid Bacterial Transformation Kit are suitable for direct-use only. Freezing down and storage at -70°C is not recommended.
|Routine cloning experiments.Blunt-end cloning.TA cloning.|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok