Whatman WTP Range PTFE Membranes
Suited for applications involving aggressive organic solvents, strong acids, and alkalis due to being chemically stable and inert. Whatman&trade WTP Range PTFE Membranes are particularly suitable for preparing samples for HPLC analysis, air and gas sterilization.
Manufacturer: Whatman 7582004
DescriptionPTFE stretched film, laminated to a nonwoven polypropylene support web>
- Naturally hydrophobic
- 0.5µm size is generally used for sample prefiltering in HPLC analyses for sample filtration where any solid particles can cause permanent damage to column
- 0.2µm size is used in sterile venting of vacuum manifolds and sterile filtrate tanks and containers
Use up to 120°C (248°F); higher temperatures will cause laminate to soften.
- Clarification of corrosives, solvents, and aggressive fluids
- Collecting moist dusts for subsequent analysis (0.5 and 1.0µm pore sizes)
- Air and gas sterilization (0.2 and 0.5µm pore sizes)