Glass beakers can be heated to much higher temperatures than the plastic counterparts, while offering higher clarity for content visibility and measuring. Glass beakers feature uniform sidewalls and bottom thicknesses with a flat bottom and a beak, or small spout, for easier pouring. Glass beakers may have graduated markings on their side that are accurate within 10 percent, though a graduated cylinder or volumetric flask is recommended for precise volume measurements.
Laboratory are available in a range of materials and in sizes from 10 mL to 6 L. Although glass beakers are common, beakers are also made from a variety of plastic resins (PMP, polystyrene, polypropylene, PFA, polymethylpentene, HDPE, ETFE, PTFE, and more). You may also find beakers made from stainless steel, quartz, and carbon.
A variety of beaker types are available:
- Griffin or Low Form: Shorter versions, with or without pouring lips and made of standard weight or heavy-duty borosilicate glass or polypropylene plastic
- Berzelius or Tall Form: Taller and narrower than Griffin beakers, but with similar characteristics
- Pharmaceutical: Taller and more narrow, these beakers are usually graduated in both milliliters and ounces and may have double pouring spouts
- Tri-Cornered: Plastic, disposable, and stackable, these beakers feature a triangular top opening that offers three dripless pouring spouts
- Handled: Glass beakers can have attachable handles and plastic beakers may have molded-in handles; larger handled beakers with spouts may be called pitchers
- Colored Markings: Most beakers have areas on the side suitable for writing; these marking spots are also available in white or your choice of colors
These low form beakers are made by hand from high quality borosilicate 3.3 glass. They are extremely durable, have low temperature gradients, and superior chemical durability.
With spouts and strengthened rim with flare trimmed back that offer optimum balance between thermal shock resistance and mechanical strength.
|Scale||Dual White Metric Scale|
|Label Type||White Marking|
|For Use With (Application)||For Optimum Balance Between Thermal Shock Resistance and Mechanical Strength|
Offers optimum balance between thermal shock resistance and mechanical strength. PYREX™ Griffin Low Form Beakers feature a double graduated metric scale to indicate approximate content and an extra large marking spot.
These tall form beakers are made by hand from high quality borosilicate 3.3 glass. They are extremely durable, have low temperature gradients, and superior chemical durability. All include a spout for easy pouring, easy to read graduations, and are autoclavable.
|Certifications/Compliance||ASTM E438, ASTM E960|
|Label Type||Matte Finish Marking|
|For Use With (Application)||Measuring and Mixing Liquids Where a High Level of Accuracy is Not Required|
These high quality, affordable beakers are perfect for any science classroom or laboratory.
Classroom set of polypropylene beakers.
These polypropylene beakers include a handle and easy to read printed graduations.