How We Think Green
- Recycling bins on every floor make it easy for employees to recycle glass, plastic and paper
- A federally-certified outside recycler handles our surplus of IT equipment
- A sweep resulted in 16 pallets of equipment being recycled
- On weekdays, air conditioning and building lights are shut down from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. to reduce energy costs
- During weekends, building lights and air conditioning are automatically turned down all day to save energy
- By the removal of subfloor cable lines, it has freed up space for greater airflow and more efficient operation of air conditioning
- Implemented in late 2005, the Scheduled Shipment Program allows customers to reduce the number of physical shipments without changing ordering cycles
- Formatting data tapes for electronic transmissions has reduced monthly shipments between United States and Canada
How You Can Think Green
- Consolidate orders to lessen the usage of transportation, fossil fuels and greenhouse gas emissions
- Download literature electronically to reduce transportation and paper usage
- Select electronic invoice and request electronic catalogs and literature
Help Us Save More on Paper
Fisher Scientific has reduced paper consumption by converting print material to a digital format. More than 950 digital brochures and other literature can now be downloaded. For the 2013-2014 catalog, we are reducing the number of print copies by more than 40%.
Headline Discoveries, the Fisher Science Education free digital magazine, brings real-world science into classrooms through informative articles on current events in science.
Fulfill all of your needs in the lab and catch up on the latest science news with LabReporter. Request to receive the digital or print edition.