Innovating Science™ A Safer Flame Test: Identification of Metal Lab Activity
Students easily observe and deduce what element is causing the colored flame. Innovating Science™ A Safer Flame Test: Identification of Metal Lab Activity utilizes small candles that are easier to manage in a lab setting.
Supplier: Innovating Science™ IS2520
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Methanol and Respirable Crystalline Silica, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm.
- The flame test is an analytical technique often used for the identification of certain elements, primarily metal ions.
- Flame color is observed and the spectra of light emitted from the flame is viewed through a spectroscope.
- This kit minimizes safety concerns by utilizing small candles that are easier to manage in a lab setting.
- No loss in the clarity of the emission spectra from the candles, making it easy for students to observe, and deduce what element is causing the colored flame
- Kit contains enough material for 6 groups
- Teacher's Manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included
- Kit Includes:
- 10% Boric Acid in Methanol (5 mL)
- Sand (500 g)
- Color Flame Candles (2/Pk.)
- 2 Alcohol Burners
- 15 Diffraction Slides
- 1 Spectroscope
- 24 Small Trays
|7 to 14|
|13 to 20|
|9.75 x 6.25 x 4 in.|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok