Amerex™ Class D Extinguishers
For combustible metals fires
Supplier: Amerex™ 16882
Both extinguishers feature dependable drawn steel cylinders, all-metal valve construction and special corrosion resistant yellow (Class D) color-coded paint finish.
Sodium Chloride Extinguisher
- Contains a specially blended sodium chloride-based dry powder extinguishing agent
- Heat from fire causes sodium chloride to cake and form a crust, excluding air and dissipating heat from burning metal
- Successfully extinguishers fires involving magnesium, sodium, potassium and sodium-potassium alloys
- Zirconium, uranium, titanium, and powdered aluminum fires can be controlled and extinguished
- Contains a copper extinguishing agent specially developed by the U.S. Navy for fighting lithium and lithium alloy fires
- Copper compound smothers the fire and provides an excellent heat sink for dissipating heat Copper powderis superior to other known fire extinguishing agents for lithium
Capacity: 30 lb. (13.6kg). Shipping weight: 53 lb. (24kg). Dimensions: 7D × 16W × 27.75H in. (17.8 × 40.6 × 70.5cm). Larger capacity and wheeled extinguishers also available. Contact your Fisher Safety Customer Service Representative for ordering information.
Warranty and Services
|Class D Fire Extinguisher|
|8 x 13 x 35 in. (20.3 x 33.02 x 88.9 cm)|
|3 to 6 ft.|
|-40° to +120°F|
|-40°C to +48.8°C|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok