Innovating Science™ Fractional Distillation
Ideal for studying topics such as boiling and condensation points, conservation of matter. Innovating Science™ Fractional Distillation is a fractional distillation experiment to simulate the fractionation of crude oil.
Supplier: Innovating Science™ IS2521
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Methanol and Phthalates, which are known to the State of California to cause and reproductive harm.
- Crude oil is a complex mixture of many useful hydrocarbons such as gasoline, kerosene, butane, and motor oil
- In order to be of use, these hydrocarbons must first be separated from each other
- This Fractional Distillation lab activity allows students to complete a fractional distillation experiment that simulates the fractionation of crude oil
- Topics such as boiling and condensation points, conservation of matter, and forces between molecules are covered as they factor into how a distillation is performed
- This kit contains enough material for 15 groups
- Teacher's Manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included
- Kit Includes:
- Simulated Crude Oil (450 mL)
- 15 Rubber Stoppers
- 15 pieces Tubing
- 30 Disposable Cups
|7 to 14|
|9 x 9 x 9 in.|
|13 to 20|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok