Please call 1-800-766-7000 to place your order or try our site again later.
Invitrogen Gal-Screen β-Galactosidase Reporter Gene Assay System for Yeast or Mammalian Cells
Combines direct cell lysis with rapid, ultra-sensitive chemiluminescent detection of β-galactosidase reporter enzyme.
Manufacturer: Invitrogen T1030
- Homogeneous assay format allows detection of β-galactosidase in the presence of normal culture media without removal of media and without an additional cell lysis step, providing the easiest and most streamlined assay procedure possible
- The kinetics of the glow-assay provides a window during which measurements may be performed, facilitating HTS applications where assay automation is used
- Can be used with either mammalian or yeast model systems, providing flexibility in choice of model systems
- Wide dynamic range of β-galactosidase assay enables accurate measurement of enzyme from femtogram to nanogram range
- Assay sensitivity is 100 to 1000-fold better than either the isotopic/non-isotopic assays for chloramphenicol acetyl transferase (CAT) or the colorimetric/fluorescent assays for β-galactosidase, providing greater sensitivity than competing assay technologies
- Highly sensitive assay with a wide dynamic range permits detection of high and low levels of reporter without performing numerous sample dilutions
- Non-radioactive reporter gene assay kit eliminates concerns over use of radioisotopes
- Assay can be completed in about one hour, providing fast assay turnaround
- Compatible Cells: Mammalian Cells, Yeast Cells
- Detection Method: Chemiluminescent
- For Use With (Equipment): Luminometer (Microplate)
- Form: Liquid
- Format: 96-well plate
- High Throughput Compatibility: High Throughput-Compatible
- Readout: End Point
- Substrate: Galacton-Star
- Substrate Properties: Chemical Substrate
- Substrate Type: Beta-Gal Substrate
- Target Enzyme: Beta-Galactosidase
|Reporter Gene Assays|
|Detection of β-galactosidase in mammalian cells|
|Enzyme substrate and reaction buffer|
|Store at 2° to 8°C|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.