Gibco Advanced MEM
Advanced Minimum Essential medium is widely used basal medium that allows culture of mammalian cells with reduced Fetal Bovine Serum supplementation
Manufacturer: Gibco 12492013
Compared to classic MEM, serum supplementation can be reduced by 50-90% with no change in growth rate or morphology.i Cells successfully cultured in Advanced DMEM / F-12, with no adaptation, include PK-15, MDCK, Vero, WI-38 and Hep-2. It is modified as follows: with glucose, non essential amino acids, sodium pyruvate, phenol red; without L-glutamine, HEPES.
- Unique from other media due to addition of following ingredients to allow for serum reduction: ethanolamine, glutathione, ascorbic acid, insulin, transferrin, AlbuMAX I lipid-rich bovine serum albumin for cell culture, and trace elements sodium selenite, ammonium metavanadate, cupric sulfate, and manganous chloride
- Requires supplementation with 1-5% Fetal Bovine Serum and 4mM L-glutamine or GlutaMAX supplement
- Many cell lines do not require adaptation to this media
- FBS concentration must be optimized for each cell line to obtain maximum serum reduction
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (3.7g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Storage conditions: 2-8° C. Protect from light
Shipping conditions: Ambient
Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture
|Advanced (Reduced Serum)|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.