Gibco DMEM/F-12, HEPES
Used as basal medium for supporting the growth of many different mammalian cells. Gibco DMEMF/12, HEPES is used in cell culture processing applications.
Manufacturer: Gibco 11330032
- Contains 4 times the concentration of amino acids and vitamins than the original Eagle's Minimal Essential Medium
- Originally formulated with low glucose (1g/L) and sodium pyruvate, but is often used with higher glucose levels, with or without sodium pyruvate
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (3.7g/L), and therefore requires a 5 to 10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Cells successfully cultured in DMEM include primary fibroblasts, neurons, glial cells, HUVECs, and smooth muscle cells, cell lines such as HeLa, 293, Cos-7, and PC-12
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Mammalian cell culture|
|Biotin, Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) (anhyd.), Choline chloride, Cupric sulfate (CuSO4-5H2O), D-Calcium pantothenate, D-Glucose (Dextrose), Ferric Nitrate (Fe(NO3)3·9H2O), Ferric sulfate (FeSO4-7H2O), Folic Acid, Glycine, HEPES, Hypoxanthine Na, L-Alanine, L-Arginine hydrochloride, L-Asparagine-H2O, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cysteine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Cystine 2HCl, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Histidine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt dihydrate, L-Valine, Linoleic Acid, Lipoic Acid, Magnesium Chloride (anhydrous), Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) (anhyd.), Niacinamide, Phenol Red, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Putrescine 2HCl, Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3), Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate dibasic (Na2HPO4) anhydrous, Sodium Phosphate monobasic (NaH2PO4-H2O), Sodium Pyruvate, Thiamine hydrochloride, Thymidine, Vitamin B12, Zinc sulfate (ZnSO4-7H2O), i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2-8° C. Protect from light|
|L-Glutamine, Phenol Red, HEPES|
Safety and Handling
ShelfLife : 12 months from date of manufacture
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok