Gibco™ DMEM, high glucose, NEAA, no glutamine
Used as basal medium for supporting the growth of many different mammalian cells. Gibco™ DMEM, High Glucose, NEAA, No Glutamine, Sodium Bicarbonate Buffer is used in human ex vivo tissue and cell culture processing applications.
Manufacturer: Gibco™ 10938025
- Animal-origin free
- Contains 4 times the concentration of amino acids and vitamins than the original Eagle's Minimal Essential Medium
- Originally formulated with low glucose (1g/L) and sodium pyruvate, but is often used with higher glucose levels, with or without sodium pyruvate
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (3.7g/L), and therefore requires a 5 to 10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Cells successfully cultured in DMEM include primary fibroblasts, neurons, glial cells, HUVECs, and smooth muscle cells, cell lines such as HeLa, 293, Cos-7, and PC-12
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
Gibco DMEM is manufactured at a cGMP compliant facility located in Paisley, Scotland, UK. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to the ISO 13485 standard.
|Storage conditions: 2-8° C. Protect from light.
Shipping conditions: Ambient.
Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture.
|Standard Serum Supplementation|
|7.0 - 7.2|
|310 - 360 mOsm/kg|
|No Sodium Pyruvate|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only: Not intended for animal or human diagnostic or therapeutic use.